- Created on Thursday, 30 August 2007 21:00
- Last Updated on Friday, 14 December 2012 20:15
- Written by Administrator
- Hits: 4486
By registering, you fully agree to abide by the Konvas.org Terms and Conditions. Please take a moment to review them:
1. We only accept REAL NAMES. Although we both work and play with Motion Picture equipment, and often use our cameras for non-work related things, our names are our professional guarantee. We want you to know who you are communicating with, and vice-versa. We feel that since there is a possibility that we could do business with each other someday (yes, sometimes individual members post "help needed" in their subject line, or an individual may sell his/her camera or other related items), real names can only benefit everyone involved and help all of us to get to know each other as professionals, friends, and comrades.
2. We absolutely respect the privacy of all members! Konvas.org will not disclose the contents of a member's e-mail unless (a) you authorize us to do so, (b) we must do so in order to resolve technical problems to the site; or (c) unless required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (1) comply with the law or comply with legal process served on us; (2) protect and defend our rights or property; or (3) act in an emergency to protect the safety of our members or the public.
3. Members shall remain solely responsible for the content of their messages. We reserve the right to remove or edit content from any Forum, Blog, or Discussion List at any time and for any reason.
4. When participating in or reading messages posted to a Discussion List, Forum, Blog and/or its Comments, never assume that people are who the say they are, know what they say they know, or that they are affiliated with anyone of whom they say they are affiliated with in any chat room, message board, or other user generated content area. Information obtained in a Forum may not be reliable, and it is not a good idea to trade or make any investment decisions based solely or largely on information you cannot confirm. We cannot be responsible for the content or accuracy of any information, and shall not be responsible for any trading, purchase, or investment decisions made based on such information. You understand and agree that the Konvas.org Services are provided "AS-IS" and that Crimson Chain Productions, Konvas.org, and/or any of its members or affiliates, assume no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings. Crimson Chain Productions, Konvas.org, its members and affiliates are not responsible for any messages posted or sent to the konvas.org forums, blogs, or discussion lists. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. Konvas.org is not responsible for, and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, statement, recommendation or other information included in any message posted to Konvas.org, its forums, blogs, or discussion lists. Any reliance by you on any such opinion, advice, statement, recommendation or other information in the Forum shall be at your sole risk.
5. You also agree that you undersand that all messages solely express the views of the author of the message and not necessarily the views of Konvas.org, Crimson Chain Productions, or other members of the Konvas.org community. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable or illegal may use the facilities provided within the forums to report the message, or contact us by email. We may remove objectionable/illegal messages, if we deem the message objectionable/illegal, and determine that removal is necessary.
6. You agree that you will not use this site, forums, blogs, and/or discussion lists to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.
7. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by the forum owners. By submitting content to the forums, blog, discussion lists or any other part of Konvas.org, you are attesting that you are the original author of the work and that any citation or appropriation of others people work within its content has been appropriately referenced or otherwise cleared and approved by the relevant copyright holder. By submitting content to Konvas.org, you grant Konvas.org and Crimson Chain Productions royalty-free and irrevocable permission to reproduce, and the right to download and print any material that you post. Any work submitted to Konvas.org remains the property of you, the author, and will be publicly attributed as such via your Konvas.org username. By uploading materials to any Forum, blog, or discussion list, or by submitting any materials to us, you automatically grant (or warrant that the owner of such materials expressly granted) Konvas.org and Crimson Chain Productions a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and display, create derivative works from and distribute such materials or incorporate such materials into any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed throughout the universe, as long as your Konvas.org username is displayed. In addition, you warrant that all so-called "moral rights" in those materials have been waived.
8. You agree that you will not knowingly subvert the functionality of the forum system. This includes any action that manipulates the underlying software application or other technologies in order to interrupt the service, access information or otherwise derive results that are not part of the intended purpose of this discussion forum. We consider such actions "malicious misuse" and we reserve the right to revoke membership of the forum and take appropriate legal action if at any time we suspect any user of having such intentions.
9. If you believe that your work has been used by Konvas.org or Crimson Chain Productions in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, contact Crimson Chain Productions immediately (through the contact details provided within the forums) with a description of the work, its location on the site and a statement that it is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
10. You agree to the rules of discussion list, blog, and forum use:
In Konvas.org's Discussion Lists, Blogs, and Forums you must follow these simple rules to keep the discussions safe and friendly for all users. By registering on Konvas.org and logging in you are attesting that you understand and will comply with the following rules of forum use.
You agree that you will avoid:
a. Insulting, threatening, annoying or provoking other persons on Konvas.org, its discussion lists, forums, and blogs.
b. Being hateful towards a specific group of people. These discussions are open to people from all backgrounds and countries.
c. Using hate-speech, or making obscene or vulgar comments.
d. Breaking the law. This includes breach of copyright, defamation, condoning or promoting illegal activity and contempt of court (by making posts that could affect the outcome of an impending court action).
e. Spamming (including posting the same comment multiple times, and/or posting links to unrelated or off-topic websites).
f. Advertising commercial interests without warning others of said interests.
g. Impersonating or falsely claiming to represent a person or organization.
h. Posting in a language other than English. We don't have the resources to support multi-lingual discussion.
i. Invading someone's privacy. Please don't post anyone's personal details without their permission. Please only post professional details wherever possible.
11. Off-topic posts to discussion lists, forums and blogs are allowed, but may be moderated. Discussion List and Forum posts that are not relevant or related to Konvas, Kinor, other Russian cinema cameras and gear, Lomo Lenses, film making, film, or cameras may be considered off-topic. You may be asked at any time by a Konvas.org Moderator to stop a particular discussion of a particular topic. When asked, you agree to comply and stop the topic discussion.
12. Moderators may monitor the discussion lists, blogs, and forums. If you break any of the above rules, the moderator has the right to remove part or all of your post without warning. If you repeatedly break the rules, you may be permanently prevented from registering, logging in and/or posting.